Wedding cake services
Welcome to Grace's Baking Box - wedding cake design. My services start from the very beginning of your wedding cake from choosing the size you would like to delivering your wedding cake at your venue. I will take you through the whole process which will be so easy and enjoyable for you! My favourite part of this process is putting a unique twist on every design which will be bespoke and memorable to you!
I realize this can be an overwhelming task and you might not even know where to start but I will ask you all the right questions and make sure I have all the intricate details to make your personal, elegant wedding cake. Wedding cakes can be in a variety of different styles such as semi-naked buttercream cakes, fully iced buttercream cakes, ganashe covered cakes and hand painted cakes. These can be finished with flowers which come in a range of options- individually handcrafted sugar flowers, fresh flowers and painted flowers (please ask to see photos of the range). This is only touching the surface of the range of designs possible but don't worry! I am here to help you through the wonderful process of designing your wedding cake. They can also be finished with a range of unique and wonderful ideas of your own!
I am taking bookings up until 23rd December 2023. I will drive up to 1 hour from my premises in Bury St Edmunds to deliver your cake serving Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk and surrounding area's.
I absolutely LOVE hearing the wonderful feedback from my clients about how their wedding cake made their day ever so special! It really makes all the hard work so worth it.
How to order your bespoke wedding cake
1) Use our contact form to register your interest and provide as much information as you can which is relevant to your wedding cake i.e the venue, the amount of servings, the date of your wedding and any design ideas.
2) I will walk you through all the relevant information about your cake. A design consultation can be arranged to talk about your cake visions and a tasting box can be arranged if required.
3) A deposit will be made even if you're not set on design. This is so you can confirm your space before it is taken. A £100 deposit is required which is non-refundable.
4) A revisit to your design can be arranged about 2 months before your wedding so you have the option to make any changes to your bespoke wedding cake such as the type of flower or colour of the ribbon.
5) The final step is making the last payment 2 weeks before the wedding then the cake is in my hands! I will be making it which can take anywhere between 2-5 days then delivering it to your venue for you and all your guests to enjoy.
6) A paper guide will be included for the venue to show which flavour is in what tier and will also include a list of the main allergies in the cake.
Starting prices for buttercream wedding cakes
This starting price is a fully iced buttercream wedding cake. Additional costs will be decorations like flowers, lace, patterns, delivery and set up fees and any additional items you require.
8"and 6" (15" tall) starting from £260.
8", 6" and 4" (21" tall) starting from £330.
10", 8" and 6" (17" tall) starting from £370.
10", 8" and 6" (21" tall) starting from £380.
12", 10" and 8" (18" tall) starting from £435.
12", 10" and 8" (22" tall) starting from £445.
12", 10", 8" and 6" (25" tall) starting from £510.
12", 10", 8" and 6" (30" tall) starting from £525.
Starting prices for hand painted wedding cakes
This starting price is a fully iced white chocolate ganache wedding cake with buttercream in between the layers. It also includes some painting time for each tier. If you would like only one tier painted this will be from my buttercream starting prices. Additional costs will be for intricate painted designs, fresh or handmade flowers, delivery and set up fees and any additional items you require.
8"and 6" (15" tall) starting from £340.
8", 6" and 4" (21" tall) starting from £410.
10", 8" and 6" (17" tall) starting from £500.
10", 8" and 6" (21" tall) starting from £510.
12", 10" and 8" (18" tall) starting from £570.
12", 10" and 8" (22" tall) starting from £580.
12", 10", 8" and 6" (25" tall) starting from £695.
12", 10", 8" and 6" (30" tall) starting from £710.
Get a Quote
Prices will vary greatly on design.
To provide you with an accurate price please choose which size and flavour you require. State what date and venue it is. Describe the design you would like or if you would like me to provide you with ideas and if there are any dietary requirements. Thank you!
Additional yet necessary items
Okay maybe not necessary but in my opinion very important for the taste buds!
Cupcake flavour tasting boxes - this is a perfect way to test out the flavours for your wedding cake but also to have a nice little treat too! Click here to view my flavour menu. You have the option to buy a box of 6 cupcakes/ 3 flavours for £20 or 12 cupcakes/ 4 flavours for £30. An ideal time to collect these is when/if you come for your consultation.
Wedding favours- now these are a popular one. Cute heart-shaped decorated biscuits which can be customised in colour and text (usually would have you and your partners names on). These are £1.50 each for no personalisation or £2 each with names.
Dessert table options - why stop at the cake when you can have other options for your guests to choose from? I offer a selection of dessert options - chocolate covered strawberries, cupcakes, macarons and iced biscuits.
Cake stand hire- if your venue does not have a cake stand for you to use, don't worry. I offer a small range of cake stands for you to hire. This costs £30 to hire then once returned within 72 hours in the same condition you will qualify for a £20 refund.